Thursday, October 01, 2009


The other day, Asher and I were playing outside with bubbles, having a grand time. I was looking at him, and not really noticing much in the yard. Everything looked the same. Same as it always does...not much grass, nothing spectacular, just splotches of green here and there. You know...same as it always looks.


And then something compelled me to look up. And I saw this...




All the time I was standing down in my spot, I had no idea what was above me. I had no idea of the colors and the splendor of what was happening right above my head. (they're really much more beautiful and vivid than that, i just don't know how to take very good pictures.)

It reminded me of how our Father works. Sometimes we can't see what He's doing. We might not even know He's working at all. And then, maybe, we look up. And just maybe we see but a glimpse of His glory. The splendor of His majesty working in our midst all the while.

And all we have to do is look up.

2 comments:

Playing Sublimely said...

I know what you are saying...I got a little feel of this this week also. Thanks for sharing!
PS..you know we know each other, right? We met once at the park :)!

Kasey said...

beautiful....
xo