Monday, March 02, 2009

Spring's Right Around the Corner...Right?



I almost packed up our winter coats last week, when it was warming up, but boy am I glad I didn't. We woke up to see this!

We finally got the snow we'd wanted all winter...in March. It seems normal for us. I remember most years getting one last hit of winter once March finally rolled around. And this was the most snow we had all winter. We are ready for spring, but the snow was fun. I'm mad about my daffodils being killed, though. River was especially glad to stay home from preschool, and play with all her new birthday things. It was a nice to look out, all day long, and see snow. Not just for the first hour of the morning. Usually our snow is gone by lunch, but this time, it hung around for a while.

should i eat it, or throw it?



whew, that's cold!

snow angels! real ones this time!


It was a fun to stay home, have a snow ball fight with our friends, make chowder and apple pie, and enjoy some hot cocoa. What do you like to do when it snows? I'm all about some new traditions! Lay em on me!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

We had a lot of snow here too! It was fun, but I tell you what...I'm really looking forward to the 70 degrees that is coming our way this weekend. I'm ready for spring!

Melissa Stover said...

how beautful! what a fun day.

Karen P said...

We finally got to have snow cream! We also lost power so we moved a mattress downstairs in front of the fire and got to play on it all day. Why do we spend money on toys???