Thursday, April 17, 2008

Have I Told You Lately That I Love Him?

Have I told you lately how much I love my husband? He's wonderful. He comes home from a hard days work, and what he wants to do more than anything is to be with me and the two little ones. He loves finding out what it is that I like, and then helping me to have that - whether it's making something, or rearranging furniture until 1am (which we did not do tonight), or making me a cup of hot tea to help me wind down at the end of the day. He loves to love me. And he loves me well. And I could not be more grateful.

I remember telling my dad about him when we were seriously dating. I said to my dad, "He really loves me a lot." And it was like this newfound understanding of being loved by someone the way God intends us to be loved by our husbands. The way that he continually lays down his life day after day to show me selfless and sacrificial love, is something that is truly a gift from God. I know that he's not perfect, and he does track mud through the house sometimes (haha). But he has always shown me what it means for "Husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her." I never really understood what that kind of love would look like from a husband until I knew him.

He's the reason you get to hear all these fun songs now. He knew that I would never spend the time to figure out how to get a "play list" on my blog, but he also knows how much I love music. So, he spent some minutes sitting down at the computer, fiddling around until he figured it out. Then he showed me how to do it (because you know, I'm an imbecile when it comes to these things), and now you know why I'm still up. But there's a lot of music. I've only picked out 66 of my 100 songs, but I figure I better hit the hay.

2 comments:

emily freeman said...

oh my gosh. you picked 66 songs? that is unbelievable. and when your husband called me last night to inquire about a playlist, i just knew it was him being him...loving you well by serving you sweetly. your relationship with eachother is so dear. great, accurate post, girl!

living life said...

so sweet, that is a true picture of how he loves you girl. thanks for bragging on him, they need to be reminded of how good they love us. and only you and randy would be up til 1am rearranging some furniture