Monday, June 01, 2009

Shoo Fly!

This past month, the kids and I have talked a lot about bugs. All different types, but I have kind of been partial to my favorites...caterpillars and ladybugs. Caterpillars, mainly because they turn into butterflies. And who doesn't like butterflies. And if you don't....what's wrong with you??? They don't hurt anyone, they don't bother you, they just fly around and look pretty. Same with ladybugs. Not to mention they're red and get to have polka dots. Definitely fun to see. Anyway, even though I've acted excited about finding bugs with the preschoolers, I am not a huge fan myself. But of course, I don't want my kids to be all scared about bugs, so I've been trying to keep my cool. I've checked out fun books like this one, to show how neat bugs are. We have bug catchers and songs, and so on and so forth. Well, I think the bugs are ganging up against me to show them my true colors.

The other day, my least favorite...a slug was on our morning paper. Keeping me from being able to even take it out of the bag and read it. And then, these weird pincher crawly bugs are in random places around our house. WHY???? I mean, I've never seen them before, and now, this spring they're like the mascot of our home. Then today, I was pulling down the driveway, and all of a sudden this wasp flew right in the front seat of our van. So, I'm all trying to quickly put it in park and jump out before I get stung, without wrecking in my own driveway, for fear of the wasp above my head. Not to mention that I've been blessed with my first mosquito bites of the season! I'm in bad shape if summer's not even begun, and I'm already dreading the bugs!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VAN?? When did you get it? I'm so glad you have more room now. I know you are enjoying it. Have fun with the bugs...yuck! I know the feeling, they are coming out from everywhere now that the summer is approaching!

Heather