Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Egypt

I think that its hard to live by faith.
Even though it's the best way to live.
Faith is being sure of what we hope for,
And certain of what we do not see.

How can we be certain we do not see?
If we can't see it, than how can we trust it's there?
Faith.

Living by faith is more painful, 
And more challenging,
But also the safest place that you can reside.

I've many times wanted to go back to Egypt.
Even though I know I don't want to live in the bondage that I'm fighting to be free from.
And I am free.
Free indeed.
For Christ has set me free.

The song playing, by Keith Green, always helps to remind me that just like the people of Israel, God is wanting to always take us on to something better.   To deepen our walk with Him.   To know His goodness more.   And to trust Him.   Even when we can't see the place He's leading us.   I was listening to a speaker the other day talking about how the Israelites were never "wandering", for the cloud was guiding them by day, and the pillar of fire by night.   He was always leading them.   Even if it felt like it was in circles.   He knew that He had a plan, even when it wasn't clear to them.

Only in Him do I have the power to have faith to follow.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wow. This song really speaks to me right now. With everything going on in my life right now, I need that constant reminder that God is in control. I just have to allow him to take the wheel, you know?