Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Secrets...."New Favorite"



I went shoe shopping this week. Got a pair of new Isaac Misrahi's snakeskin flats, Apostrophe black semi-heels, gold pointy Go Max heels, and yes that is a pair of Cole Haans which retails (at a discounted price) as you can see here is $185. I wish I could find the original retail value, but oh well.

Paid $10. Not for one, not for two.....for all four pairs.

Don't ever tell me that nothing good comes out of Salvation Army. I was so excited. And I had been wanting to do a "secrets" on putting a little shimmer into your outfits, anyway. And since these pretty gold ones are my new favs, it just brought it on out of me. Not to mention, my daughters new favorites to walk around the house in. They're cuter on her than they are on me.

I think it's really fun to bring a little glam into your everyday. Not essential. Just fun. I don't do it every day. But I feel a little more fancy when I do, and it's really fun.

Because you can find gold, silver, and bronze, anywhere you look these days, it's not hard to find shoes, belts, bags, scarves, for a cheap price. Don't overdue it, and go with a silver bag, gold shoes, and big gold belt. Just little touches every now and then. Maybe a cute pair of shoes. It's nice because the metallics go with black, white, or brown. Or a big fun bag that's has a shine to it.

I also love finding vintage things and sprucing them up a bit. For example, if you were to find a pair of flats at Goodwill that feel comfy, you could always buy a can of spray paint at Wal-Mart for a dollar, and spray those babies gold. I haven't done that, but it totally is something I would do. But if it backfires, don't blame me. Hee hee.

My point is that it's fun to add a little shine into your daily life. And these babies are definitely brightening up my days!

2 comments:

Em said...

What a score! You know I frequent Goodwill... but I think they have caught on to all of my "posse" of bloggers who go their weekly and raised their prices... I have not been to the Salvation Army in a while... hmmmm

Hyperactive Lu said...

Great job! Our salvation army stinks. We do do Goodwill often, but now that everyone knows about it its all about "luck".