Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rainy Day Food

It rained all day.   ALLL day!    So, we had lots of projects, and got out almost every toy, and watched a couple shows, and my personal favorite...made chocolate chip cookies!!!

I love making cookies on days like today.    It makes the stay inside days feel more cozy and warm.   So, since I spent time making cookies, I had to make my quick and easy Chicken and Stuffing recipe for dinner.   My sister told me about this recipe when I first had a new baby and didn't seem to have enough time in the day to get everything done.   It's always a winner on cold and rainy days, too.   (i know, it's not really cold, but it seems like it is, with all this rain)

Chicken and Stuffing

4-5 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 pkg. Chicken (or Cornbread) stuffing
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 of the can of milk
salt and pepper
a little italian seasoning (just for kicks)

Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with no-stick spray.   S & P (and sprinkle italian herbs) the chicken on both sides.    Cook the stuffing according to package until you stir it in to the water, but don't let it sit.   As soon as all the water is soaked into the stuffing, spoon the stuffing onto the chicken.   Mix the soup and milk together, and pour over the chicken and stuffing.  Cover with foil, and bake at 375 for an hour.

*I make this dish a lot for new baby meals b/c it's really easy, and people always love it.    Also, it's a great one to double and make 1 and freeze 1 and save for.....well....a rainy day.   haha.


Cookies - N'estle Tolhoussse (do you remember this Friends episode, where they're trying to figure out Phobe's grandmother's famous recipe, for the best cookies ever!!)   yeah, that's my recipe.

4 comments:

Nan said...

Loved that Friends episode...I can hear Phoebe saying it right now!

emily freeman said...

I love Phoebe.

And I love you :) Glad to hear you enjoyed the cooollld, 89 degree day.

Jodie Allen said...

i have been working to your soundtrack for an hour now! loving the GREAT free music! :)

Melissa said...

speaking of phoebe...this guy that is older and his nickname is actually "father time" likes to call me "Phee-Phee" b/c he thinks that is Phoebe's name. And he says I remind him of her. Which is really funny, because we all know I'm sooo much funnier than she is. haha.

glad you know your "friends" as well as i do. ;)